Who we are, how to contact us and our Data Protection Officer
Our address: Enterprise House, Station Street, Bishop’s Castle SY9 5AQ.
Bishops Castle & District Community Land Trust (the Trust), of Enterprise House, Station Street, Bishops Castle Shropshire SY9 5AQ is a data controller of your personal information. This means information about you, or from which we can identify you.
This privacy notice describes how we deal with your personal information. We are the data controller of this information under relevant data protection laws. When we use terms such as we, us and our in this notice, we mean Bishops Castle & District Community Land Trust.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted if you have any queries about this privacy notice or wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned in it, by writing to us at the above address, or by email to email@example.com.
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. This means we may send you an updated copy, or notify you of the changes.
What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
* Your title, full name, and your contact details, including for instance, your email address, home and mobile telephone numbers
* Your home address, and correspondence address (where different form your home address)
* The number of shares that you hold.
We only collect your personal information direct from you.
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal information?
Data protection laws require us to explain what legal grounds justify our processing of your personal information. The legal grounds relevant to us, are:
* If you are a member of the Trust, recording the number of shares that you hold
* Sending you information about the Trust and its events, and the Annual General Meeting Bishops Castle & District Community Land Trust
* To adhere to guidance and best practice under the regimes of governmental and regulatory bodies such a HMRC, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Ombudsman Service, and the Information Commissioner’s Office
* To administer our good governance requirements such as internal reporting, and administration required for the Annual General Meeting.
We do not share your information with any other organisation.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
We will hold your personal information for as long as:
* You remain a member of the Trust
* We are in contact with you or your organisation in connection with the administration of the Trust.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Below is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They do not apply in all circumstances. If you wish to exercise any of them we will explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right to:
* Be informed about the processing of your personal information
* Have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate, and to have incomplete personal information completed
* Object to processing of your personal information
* Have your personal information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’)
* Request access to your personal information, and to obtain information about how we process it
* To move, copy or transfer your personal information (‘data portability’)
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: ico.org.uk. For more details on all of the above rights you can contact our Data Protection Officer or visit our website at bcclt.co.uk/homepage/privacy-notice.
Last updated by Jonathan Brown on 24.05.2018.
Bishop's Castle & District Community Land Trust